Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day 2: Waldorf's kingdom


The next morning I woke up early and explored the campground.  I walked along moose trail, and found a teepee.  We originally tried to rent the teepee, but campground owner told us she would not recommend sleeping in it because she couldn't guarantee that wild animals might stay out, and it smelled musty from being water logged.  We took her advice, but I was happy to find it and look around.  
By 10 am we were back on the road, although we had planned to go return to Canada through Buffalo, a wrong turn took us through Kalamazoo to Detroit instead.  We finally were back in Canada and in Niagara Falls by midnight with just enough time to see the falls lit up for about 15 minutes.  We explored Clifton Hill which was a whirlwind of lights, sounds, movements, and people.  And then my worst nightmare happened, we came across Dinogolf, which included giant dinosaur statues.  Brent walked right up to one and gave it a big hug. Less than 24 hours and I lost my bet.  Although, I am still determined to hug a puffin.
By the time we found King Waldorf's Camping Kindom it was 2 am. So we pitched our tent in the overflow field, roasted a few hot dogs and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment